jueves, 27 de agosto de 2015

Spanish Lit Month(s) 2015: 8/8-8/22 Links

With only four more full days left in Spanish Lit Month(s) 2015 and no more "I'm on vacation" excuses cards for me to deal from the stacked deck, your nattily-attired SLM shill/croupier is pleased to distribute a full two weeks' payout of reviews for your reading and gambling pleasure.  Thanks, as always, to the high rollers who kindly submitted the following book (and one film!) review posts.

Chelsea, The Globally Curious
XXY directed by Lucía Puenzo

James B. Chester, James Reads Books
The Third Reich by Roberto Bolaño

Obooki, Obooki's Obloquy
Canaima by Rómulo Gallegos

Richard, Caravana de recuerdos

Séamus, Vapour Trails
Dublinesque by Enrique Vila-Matas

Tony, Tony's Reading List
Music and Literature No. 6
(featuring Alejandra Pizarnik)

4 comentarios:

  1. Just realised I've only two days to get my last review in! Thanks, as ever, for being a most gracious host for the ever fascinating annual event that is SpanishLitMonth(s).

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. Sorry for the way belated reply, Séamus, but I appreciate your kind words and wish to let you know that you're quite welcome for everything! I have one final SLM round-up post left, so I'll be adding any late links I missed until now. Cheers!

      Borrar
  2. Well, I barely managed to squeak in.....lol. I put up my review of "The Island of Eternal Love", by Daina Chaviano, on August 29th. I greatly enjoyed this book, and am planning to read it again, in the original Spanish, sometime in the not-too-distant future. I think I'm obsessed.....

    Gotta go check out all of these reviews! I'll be participating again next year, and will be better prepared. Thanks to you and Stu for hosting this event!! : )

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. Sorry to you as well for the very belated reply, Maria, and you're welcome as well of course! Please note that I appreciate your enthusiasm for SLM and am glad to hear that you've already decided to participate in next year's event. As I indicated to Séamus above, I have one final SLM round-up post left in which I'll be adding any late links I missed until now. ¡Saludos!

      Borrar