lunes, 1 de febrero de 2016

The 2015 Argentinean (& Algerian) Literature(s) of Doom: October through December Links

Amateur Reader (Tom), Wuthering Expectations
 
JacquiWine, JacquiWine's Journal
Thus Were Their Faces by Silvina Ocampo
The Secret in Their Eyes by Eduardo Sacheri

Miguel, St. Orberose

Richard, Caravana de recuerdos
La raza de los nerviosos by Vlady Kociancich

Rise, in lieu of a field guide
The Seven Madmen by Roberto Arlt
How I Became a Nun by César Aira

Scott, seraillon
The Temple of Iconoclasts by J. Rodolfo Wilcock

Frances, Nonsuch Book
(on The Stranger by Albert Camus and The Meursault Investigation by Kamel Daoud)

Pat, South of Paris Books
The Day Nina Simone Stopped Singing by Darina Al-Joundi with Mohamed Kacimi
The Angels Die by Yasmina Khadra

Richard, Caravana de recuerdos
L'étranger by Albert Camus
Les chercheurs d'os by Tahar Djaout
*
Although a mid-December hospital visit really wreaked havoc on my end of the year reading and writing plans (excuses, excuses), that unavoidable blip aside, I rather enjoyed last year's 2015 Argentinean (& Algerian) Literature(s) of Doom even though I couldn't finish up strong the way I'd hoped to.  In any event, thanks a bunch to all who participated in last year's Doomathon and hope you'll think about returning for the next round of Doom toward the end of 2016.  Let's keep it purely literary Doom next time, though, eh?

6 comentarios:

  1. Thanks for hosting this, Richard. I hope you're feeling much better now. Wishing you all the best for the year ahead.

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. My pleasure, Jacqui, and thanks to you for your participation again last year. Hope you yourself have a great year ahead, and I'm indeed feeling much better these days (thanks for checking, though). Cheers!

      Borrar
  2. Alas my doom contributions were doomed by my switch from blogging to rock'n'roll, although maybe I'll have finished some posts for this year's event.

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. I'm sure r&r is always a lot more exciting than blogging, Séamus, so you get a free pass from the Doom way of life until you find a way to balance decibels with your writing interests. Until then, looking forward to whenever you decide to return to book reviewing more regularly.

      Borrar
  3. Respuestas
    1. I think we can all agree on that, Tom. I know I can, anyway.

      Borrar