lunes, 19 de noviembre de 2007

Mal adentro

I went to Coolidge Corner last Saturday night with a friend to catch the new Coen Brothers movie, No Country for Old Men. It was the best film from them I've seen in a long time, but the reason I'm posting here is that Javier Bardem was simply amazing as psycho-with-principles Anton Chigurh (above w/his Grim Reaper-in-a-bowl cut '80s look). What a performance! After thinking about how great the guy was, I remembered that he was actually only a shade less mesmerizing in the few other roles I've seen him in. I particularly enjoyed his work as unemployed womanizer Santa in 2002's Los Lunes al sol (Mondays in the Sun) and as real life quadriplegic Ramón Sampedro in 2004's Mar adentro (The Sea Inside), two films from España that sport the Caravana de Recuerdos seal of approval. Later.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario